Isn't it funny all the grey area around which wormer and De Louser to use?
I was at my vet for 2 hours Wed for disbudding 4 kids and I asked him every
question I could think of to get out of him which wormer exactly I should
use and still left confused. I bought the Ivomec Plus Cattle Injectible and
planned on giving it oral but he told me there is not proof it works and
that I should not triple the dose as the "Plus" part is a chemical that is
too dangerous to triple! I am still confused about whether I should inject
or give orally! I want to do what is easiest on the goats but what is best
as I live in a reclaimed swamp area and always assume I have parasites.
MY (Rather Long) Answer to her question:
Teresa, first of all he is full of S__T!
Overdosage/Acute Toxicity - Clorsulon is very safe when administered orally to cattle or sheep. Doses of up to 400 mg/kg (That is 400 mg or in this case 4 mls, since each ml contains 100mgs-, per 2.5 lbs guys) have not produced toxicity in sheep! A dose that is toxic in cattle has also not been determined.